Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Throw a Super Bowl Party



 I'd rather spend my Sunday doing just about anything other than watching a football game — unless it's the Super Bowl. That annual event is all the justification I need to indulge. 
This Chili-Cheese Dip makes me turn into my gluttonous twin (seriously, I need to step away from the tortilla chips). The Buffalo-Chicken Quesadillas are a mouthwatering spin on traditional wings. And for my insatiable sweet tooth: the Peanut-Butter-Cup Brownies. If I were the betting type, I'd wager that these treats pull a disappearing act before halftime.
Buffalo-Chicken Quesadillas
1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
¾ c. buffalo sauce (available in a jar at the grocery store)
1½ c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
12 soft flour tortillas (taco size)
Nonstick cooking spray
Blue-cheese dressing
Celery sticks

In a large bowl, combine chicken with sauce, and stir until evenly coated. Add cheese, and toss to combine. Divide mixture on six tortillas, and top each with one of the remaining tortillas. Coat a large skillet over medium heat with cooking spray. Cook quesadillas, one at a time, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, using a spatula to turn. Cut into quarters, and serve with blue-cheese dressing and celery sticks.

No comments: